💎 Efi Laskari has Pop Sonality!


 💎 @efi_laskari has Pop Sonality! 

💎 Who are you? My name is Efi Laskari and I was born and live in Athens, Greece. I completed my studies in Greek Literature at the University of Athens (EKPA) and, nowadays, I am in the last year of my studies at the Athens School of Fine Arts (ASFA). I am also a mother of an eleven-year-old boy. 


What do you do? I am a visual artist and I express myself mainly through Photography and Drawing. Photography for me is wandering, alertness, and searching for magic in everyday things. The changes in the position of light redefine forms and reshape the content. The fragmentation of the existing world into a "personal parallelogram" of viewing reality is in itself a staging act. On the other hand, drawing helps me to dive into a world where, with the help of the tip of a pencil or the tonal qualities of charcoal, the sanctuaries of the inner self are revealed. A personal space is structured that gradually catalyzes the trauma. 


Influences and inspiration: I am, therefore, illustrating the threat. Perhaps, also the violence, which can mean alteration of identity, disorder, embodiment of pain, dissolution, emptiness, and even death. I perceive nature as a refuge but also as a place of secret actions, of chthonic forces. The organicity, the decay, the cracks, and the shadows invite me. I am also very interested in dark periods of world history - most of all those that led to collective traumas - and I believe that deep research gives us the possibility not to repeat the mistakes of the past. Francisco Goya, William Kentridge, Käthe Kollwitz are a very small sample of the artists that inspire me. As far as music, I love Ludovico Einaudi, Federico Albanese, Max Richter and so many others.


💎  ¿Quién eres? Mi nombre es Efi Laskari y nací y vivo en Atenas, Grecia. Completé mis estudios de Literatura Griega en la Universidad de Atenas (EKPA) y, actualmente, estoy en el último año de mis estudios en la Escuela de Bellas Artes de Atenas (ASFA). También soy madre de un niño de once años.


¿Qué haces? Soy artista visual y me expreso principalmente a través de la Fotografía y el Dibujo. La fotografía para mí es deambular, estar alerta y buscar la magia en lo cotidiano. Los cambios de posición de la luz redefinen las formas y remodelan el contenido. La fragmentación del mundo existente en un "paralelogramo personal" de visualización de la realidad es en sí mismo un acto de puesta en escena. Por otro lado, el dibujo me ayuda a sumergirme en un mundo donde, con la ayuda de la punta de un lápiz o las cualidades tonales del carboncillo, se revelan los santuarios del yo interior. Se estructura un espacio personal que poco a poco cataliza el trauma.


Influencias e inspiración: estoy, por lo tanto, ilustrando la amenaza. Quizás, también la violencia, que puede significar alteración de la identidad, desorden, encarnación del dolor, disolución, vacío e incluso la muerte. Percibo la naturaleza como un refugio pero también como un lugar de acciones secretas, de fuerzas ctónicas. La organicidad, la decadencia, las grietas y las sombras me invitan. También me interesan mucho los períodos oscuros de la historia mundial, sobre todo aquellos que llevaron a traumas colectivos, y creo que la investigación profunda nos da la posibilidad de no repetir los errores del pasado. Francisco Goya, William Kentridge, Käthe Kollwitz son una muestra muy pequeña de los artistas que me inspiran. En cuanto a la música, amo a Ludovico Einaudi, Federico Albanese, Max Richter y tantos otros.


Entradas populares de este blog

The Best of 2023, The Pop Sonality Choices. Curated by Seigar.

Top 50 Albums with Pop Sonality of 2021!

🌟 Dimitra Kitsiou has Pop Sonality!