🍌 Maria J. Rieger has Pop Sonality!


 

🍌 @mariarieger_mjr has Pop Sonality! 

🍌 Who are you? My name is Maria J. Rieger, and I am a French multidisciplinary artist based in Paris, with Polish roots. My practices are drawing, collage - including video collage- and writing.

What do you do? My work focuses mainly on what it means to be alive and human, and especially the interconnection with what is bigger than us and other living beings, something that some would call the « oceanic feeling ». Whether we talk about my collages or my drawings, even about my writing, I love assembling heterogenous parts, things or subjects you would sometimes never picture together, and try to bring them into life as a whole.

Influences and inspiration: This is probably why movement is so significant in my work, and why I am much more drawn to digital collage where it’s easier to harmonize heterogeneity. My approach is one of a narrator: I want to tell a story, not just make « an image ». Film culture, that is super narrative, but also history of art generally speaking, from Bosch to nowadays contemporary art controversies, are big influences to me. More simply, my own daily life and global social issues are other great sources of inspiration.

🍌 ¿Quién eres? Mi nombre es Maria J. Rieger y soy una artista multidisciplinar francesa con residencia en París, y de raíces polacas. Mis prácticas son el dibujo, el collage -incluyendo video collage- y la escritura.

¿Qué haces? Mi trabajo se centra principalmente en lo que significa estar vivo, y el ser humano, y especialmente la interconexión con lo que es más grande que nosotros y que otros seres vivos, algo que algunos llamarían el «sentimiento oceánico». Ya sea con respecto a mis collages o mis dibujos, incluso de mi escritura, me encanta ensamblar partes heterogéneas, cosas o temas que a veces nunca imaginarías juntos, y trato de darles vida como un todo.

Influencias e inspiración: Esta es probablemente la razón por la que el movimiento es tan importante en mi trabajo y por la que me atrae mucho más el collage digital, donde es más fácil armonizar la heterogeneidad. Mi enfoque es el de una narradora: quiero contar una historia, no solo hacer «una imagen». La cultura cinematográfica, es decir, la supernarrativa, pero también la historia del arte en general, desde el Bosco hasta las controversias del arte contemporáneo actual, son grandes influencias para mí. Más simplemente, mi propia vida diaria y los problemas sociales globales son otras grandes fuentes de inspiración.

Entradas populares de este blog

The Best of 2023, The Pop Sonality Choices. Curated by Seigar.

Top 50 Albums with Pop Sonality of 2021!

🩵 Elise Goyette has Pop Sonality!